Monday, January 13, 2014

Gratitude for People in Our Lives









Last week started off with another adventure. We were able to go see some more castle ruins in a place called Siria. We had to get up really early to take the maxi taxi that would get us there. It was still dark as we began our climb up the hill to the ruins. It was super windy, but it was really cool. Running around some castle ruins just has adventure written all over it. ( We got to watch the sun come up and it had a wonderful view)



  

We had a great member visit this week with Sora Birau. That woman is amazing. I am so impressed with her testimony and her desire to share the gospel. Even with her trails, she finds hope and peace through the gospel. She knows that she is a daughter of God and that our savior has made all things possible. She truly is an amazing woman, and it was great to be able to visit with her. She has to miss church sometimes because of her job. She hadn't come last week, so she was especially grateful for our visit as she said she felt she was in need of that spiritual boost that she missed from not attending church that week. She was so happy and could feel the spirit with us there. I could feel it too, and it just filled me with joy to see how happy she was.





Sora Bird and I have a lot of goals this transfer to help us be of the best use for the people here. To do that, we've been trying to make sure we divide our time between all these good things. The branch here wants to get more involved in missionary work and re-activation which I think is amazing. We want to help them do that. We want to get them more involved as well so that we can create great connections for people who are coming in or struggling. We have so many good things we want to do this transfer, and I think that we can make the steps to accomplish them. We spent a good deal of time contacting for our English classes that we'll be starting up again soon. We've also set up time every evening to look at former investigators and recontacting some of them. We have goals for visiting members, active and less active, and we really want to start getting members to lessons with us. I feel really good about what were trying to do. If nothing else, I hope that the members will feel our love and support and that we will be able to get them more involved in missionary work. The desire is there. We just have to turn it into action.




Oh we had a tender mercy this week. We finally have a phone with complete functionality! My goodness, it is so nice! So that issue has finally been resolved.

I felt very blessed this week. It was transfer week and so we got all our mail that's been waiting for us in the office in Bucharest. I had some unexpected letters, and I got a phone call from my trainer, Sora Heim, who has now concluded her mission. It was awesome to talk to her one last time before she headed out on her next big adventure. She also left a final letter for me which I received with all my other mail. As I was going through all my mail, I was just touched by all these wonderful people in my life and the things they had to say to me. I feel that one of the greatest blessings in my life are the the people that are in it. How grateful I am for these many meetings and for the things I've learned from these people. I am just filled with such love and appreciation for all of them. We have more power than we realize to influence those around us for good. Believe me, you have all been great sources of good. I want to encourage you to take some time to recognize all those people who have been a strength to you in your life. Realize how blessed you are! And never hesitate to do little things for others. Even if you think it's silly or that you don't have time, if you feel the urge to make that phone call or send a message, I hope that you do. You can be the answers to a prayer. You can be that reminder that they are loved and not alone.

I hope you all have a great week and that you are keeping up with those resolutions. Thank you all for being a strength to me.
Cu mare drag,
Sora Adams

PS:  I have found great strength in the words of our Prophet and Apostles.  They help me to keep going and to remember I am not alone, and that I too, and an instrument in the hands of the Lord.  I found this conference talk this week and found it very comforting and inspiring.  I hope you enjoy it too. 

 http://www.lds.org/ensign/2008/11/the-ministry-of-angels




Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it.











No comments:

Post a Comment