Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New Week, New City!

 
So I may have forgotten to mention something last week. I got transferred. Surprise! I'm now in the beautiful city of Cluj-Napoca. I can honestly say I didn't expect that to happen. I was pretty sure I was going to be in Sibiu for another transfer. Nevertheless, I'm happy to go where the Lord needs me. Plus my new companion, Sora Modzelewska, is great. She's hard working and has a strong testimony. She's from Poland so she asks me to help her with her English. Last night, she read a talk out loud so I could help her with pronunciation and help her with new words and things. It's probably strange how much fun I had with that...
 
Transfers were the biggest event aside from one other thing. Sora Modzelewska had some lessons already set up for us on Saturday. She was really excited to tell me about this woman, Delia, who they've been meeting with. We met with her that afternoon at the Boyd's home (oh yeah! I'm serving with a senior couple again! Have I ever mentioned how much I love the senior couples? They are just the most amazing, loving people. Just being in their presence makes you feel loved! So, yeah, senior couples are the best!). We had lunch together and then we had a lesson about the Plan of Salvation. Beautiful testimonies were shared, and we could all feel the spirit. We invited Delia to be baptized and she said yes! She truly is a wonderful woman. I only just met her, but she's very kind hearted, and I'm excited for her.
 
The branch here is great as well. Yesterday was my first Sunday with them, and I could just feel of their strength.
 
I'd say we're having a pretty good start to the transfer. There's not a whole lot more to report as of now, but fear not. More will be coming. I would like to part with some (hopefully) words of wisdom. Very often in life there are times where it is much to easy for us to be hard on ourselves. We may compare ourselves with others, or maybe we just compare ourselves with the image of who we want to be and realize that we're not there yet. Sometimes we may wonder if we are doing all that Heavenly Father wants of us. We become discouraged. This discouragement makes it nearly impossible to move forward or to set goals to move you in the direction you want to go. My suggestion in such cases is to first, turn to your Heavenly Father. If you are really concerned that you aren't doing all you should or whether or not He's aware of you, ask. I can guarantee that He will answer. Also, look for things to be grateful for. Write them down if you have to. I'm a big fan of lists! I'm also a big fan of coming up with three things you're thankful for at the end of each day.
 

We met with this woman the other day who told us she had absolutely nothing to be grateful for. We mentioned that she had a daughter, and that is something she can be grateful for. Her response was, "What if I didn't have her?" Still she was focused on how "she didn't have anything to be grateful for." Even when times are hard, I know that you CAN find something to be grateful for. Let that be your focus. Finally, find opportunities to serve. It's amazing how when you turn outward instead of focusing so much on yourself how much better you will feel. If you need to make changes, do it (and we all have things we can work on), but know that you don't have to do it alone. Heavenly Father is with you every step of the way. He is our father. Things will be hard at times, but He will never leave us to wander the path alone.
 
I hope you are all doing well! You are all so amazing. I appreciate all of your support.
 
Cu drag,
Sora Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment