Monday, May 20, 2013

Sora Adams Reporting from Romania


I  feel like so much has happened this week, yet I don’t know what to talk about. Or maybe it’s just I don’t know where to begin!

How about the most exciting thing for me this week? We were having a lesson with Andrea and Rebeca this week. Before we went our separate ways, Andrea approached us and said she had a question. She asked us if we would be having church services on Sunday. When we answered in the affirmative, she said she we would like to come. That was the most perfect thing that could happen that day as that very morning in companionship study we had started to discuss how we could get her to come to church. We were concerned that her father wouldn’t approve of her coming. Sunday came, and she was there! And she liked it. And it was just awesome. I think back to when I first met her and how she is now. I feel like there’s a light growing inside of her, and I hope it continues to grow! Both she and Rebeca are so awesome.

I went on exchanges for the first time this week. I wasn’t sure what to expect out of that, but it went really well. We didn’t have any lessons for that day, so we went contacting. I learned some really good things from Sora Ewell who I was with that day. A cool story about Sora Ewell: when I was in the Salt Lake airport getting ready to fly to Romania, we were all trying to get some pay phones to call home. This man walks past us, stops, and asks us if we are going to Romania. He saw that our tags said “Sora” on them and he recognized that title because his daughter is in Romania. His daughter is Sora Ewell. It was so random, but really fun to meet him. Sora Ewell’s companion is Sora Deruvo who was in my district at the MTC. It was fun to see her again!





Yesterday, we went paint contacting. Sora Heim is very talented in that regard. She painted that illusion where you stare at it for 30 seconds and then close your eyes and you can see Jesus. We set that up in a park and had people look at it. Kids loved it! And it was a great conversation starter!
I hope you all know that Heavenly Father loves you. I feel like I say that all the time since that’s one thing I actually know how to say in Romanian! But it’s also true. Something I’ve learned (and I think maybe I’m re-learning) is that a testimony doesn’t have to be this big elaborote thing. You can share your testimony in a single sentence and it can have more power than anything else. Live in such a way that your testimony shines through you and the things you do. Often we don’t realize the light we are giving off, but it’s there. People can see a difference when you love your Heavenly Father and Savior and you’re doing all you can to follow them. You are all such wonderful people, and I’m grateful that you are a part of my life!
Have a great week!
Sora Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment