Monday, May 20, 2013

Gratitude

This week, I'm grateful for technology. It was so great being able to talk to my parents over skype yesterday. Also, the day ended with fireworks, so I'm pretty sure it was the best day ever.

This past week was very busy. We had interviews with our mission president on Tuesday, zone planning meeting on Wednesday, and then we got to take a trip to Bucharest to pick up my visa. Sora Heim and I compared our visa pictures. I told her she looks like an assassin. She told me a look emo. Pretty sure her picture is cooler. Ha ha. Usually we take a sleeper train when we go to Bucharest since it takes so long to get from  here to there, but we decided to come back on a day train so we good see the countryside. Great idea! It was so beautiful!  (Sharing pictures below)


 We had a couple good lessons this week, including one on the train. Apparently as we were boarding the train to go to Bucharest, we were followed by a murmur of "Mormons. Look, Mormons." This peeked one man's interest, and he came and spoke to us for a while. He asked us what we believed. We told him about the restoration and he accepted a Book of Mormon. I know we have badges to help point out who we are, but even when we aren't full time missionaries, we should strive to live in such a way that reflects who we are--children of a loving Heavenly Father and disciples of Christ. It's amazing what people notice and learn from you.


We visited some members from the branch this week. Sora Heim has been trying to help me talk more, so she gave me lead of the short lesson we gave them. We talked about prayer and why it's important. I shared D&C 10:5. I know that as we turn to Heavenly Father daily that we will have the strength to withstand Satan and overcome all temptations and trials. It was a good lesson. The spirit was there, and that's the most important thing.

I hope you are all doing well! I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here! Have a great week!

Love,
Sora Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment