Monday, March 25, 2013

Fisrt Week Addendum



Here's another note. This is what I sent to my president.


I can't believe that it's already been a week since I hopped on a plane in Salt Lake. I realize that's not that long in the scheme of things, but still,   things just move right along don't they? I am so grateful for Sora Heim. It's a little scary (to say the least) to finally be out here among people who's native language is not the same as your own, but Sora Heim is helping me and teaching me. Also, I know that Heavenly Father is aware of me. He will give me the strength I need, and I know that I'll get better over time. The branch and the few investigators I've met so far seem really nice. I want to make an effort to talk to them more even if all I can say is "How are you?" I've really been enjoying my studies. I hope that I will continue to use the study skills I gain here when I return home.  I feel like I'm coming to know, understand, and love the scriptures more as I'm making this effort to study. I think one of my favorite experiences from this week is when we went to visit an older member, Sora Mitin. She's been struggling with cancer for some time now. I think it's hard for her to leave her home sometimes. She also has a hard time reading, so we went to check up on her and to read to her from the scriptures. As Sora Heim and I took turns reading, I thought to myself, "I may not be able to speak, but this is one thing I CAN do." I was glad to be able to help this daughter of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment