Friday, February 22, 2013

Week Two!!




Thursday Feb 21, 2013


Buna ziua! I hope all is well with you!
Before I forget, happy birthday to two of my most favorite people ever! Breanna and Karoline, eat lots of cake and have lots of good times! And I guess happy birthday to me too. I'm going to eat ice cream to celebrate. Thank you ice cream bar every Sunday.
You know, sometimes you witness crazy things here at the MTC. I think two of my favorite moments this week were when I passed some elders whistling the Imperial March (if you don't know what that is, shame on you). I started laughing to myself, and when I realized my companion wasn't laughing along with me, I remembered something she'd said previously. "You've never seen Star Wars, huh?" "Nope." Hence the pure awesome fell on deaf ears. However, she did not fail to recognize the theme to Mission Impossible which another Elder was humming to himself as he passed by our classroom, so we can still be friends :)

 But the craziest thing that happened this week is that we lost our other Romanian district. There were only two districts, us and them. They'd been here since just before Christmas. We loved our association with them as they gave us helpful advice and assured us that we weren't doing as poorly as we thought we were. Last Thursday, they got their travel plans to go to Romania. They were super excited and nervous. We were super excited and nervous for them. But here's the thing. They were supposed to leave not on Monday, but the following Monday (the 25th).On Friday night, they were summoned to the travel office where they were informed that they would be leaving a week early as their presence was requested. I think that nervous excitement turned to panic a little bit. Everything was closed and would be closed for the entire weekend so they couldn't get last minute things from the bookstore or mail off packages or the like. They were all struggling to get a call home to let their parents know they were leaving. Thankfully, everything worked out and all parents were notified. We were sad to see them go, but we hope they are all enjoying their early arrival into Romania. On that note, Momsy and Popsy, you should know that I may not call the day I leave. It may be a few days before. I can't be entirely sure at this time so I want you to be prepared. I can't leave a message as that counts as my call so one of you better answer your phone. Also, would you send me some quarters so I can use the payphone because I have none... I might be able to get some. Anyway, I'll let you know more about that as the time approaches. They shouldn't be sending us early by the way. There were some circumstances that just made their transfer make sense. They just weren't expecting it.
Okay Dad. First of all, when you told me the clock story the image in my head was you using the killing curse on all those poor defenseless clocks ha ha. I'm sure that's just because you made a Harry Potter reference. Speaking of which, here are you're references. Let's see if I pass the test! Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Harry Potter, Winnie the Pooh, and Brian Regan. I feel like I missed one but hopefully you can't remember what it is ha ha. Oh your Romanian got all garbled with Dear Elder because it doesn't like the symbols or something. I'll attach a picture so you can see what it did. Thankfully I was able to figure out what it said by subtracting all the numbers and random symbols. As for the 30 minute limit, I was told that that's only here at the MTC as there are so many missionaries that they want to be sure that everyone has a chance to e-mail home. In the field, the time I spend can be longer. And we do have devotionals, but they are just here on campus. We have devos on Sundays and Tuesdays. I had to drop out of choir. That didn't last long. But they perform at the devotional and there are so many people here that by the time we get out of class there's no more room in the choir. That was a little disappointing, but that doesn't stop me from breaking out into song with other sisters in my district.
I've been seeing people from home this week, which is super exciting! It's always fun seeing familiar faces here in the MTC. Plus, I just love that we are all involved in this work together.
I had some cool experiences this week. I don't have time to write them all, but there was one in particular that has stuck out in my mind. This week I was reminded of how Heavenly Father is aware of us each individually. He knows our needs and desires. He knows us better than anyone. I don't want to give too many details so hopefully you can still see how awesome this experience was. My companion was having a bit of a hard time. She was worried about things going on at home and since last weekend was a holiday, we hadn't received any letters for at least three days. She had one concern in particular that was just weighing on her mind, and with all the other stressers at the moment, she felt like she was at her breaking point. We do this thing call coaching missionary study where our companionships meet individually with one of our teachers and we express goals, concerns, etc. so that they can know how to help us. My companion didn't go into any details about her concerns. She just mentioned how she was worried about some things back home. Our teacher paused for a long time. He then turned to the scriptures. When he found the one he had in mind, he had us read it allowed. Both my companion and I know that he was directed by the spirit of God. The words in those verses were exactly the thing that she needed to hear. There couldn't have been a better few verses for the things that were worrying her. We were both touched, and we both know that it was inspired. He had no idea the details of her struggles, but Heavenly Father did, and he told her what she needed to know by guiding our teacher to bring us to that scripture. Just like Heavenly Father knows and loves my companion, I can testify to you that he loves and knows each and every one of you. We are His children and He wants to help us.
Just a few more things before I say my farewells. Daniel in Romanian is pronounced like Danielle. The Elders in our district are teaching a Daniel at the moment and it freaks me out every time they talk about it because I think they are saying my name! Oh and for those of you who don't know, we aren't teaching real investigators. We are practicing on our teachers who take on the persona of investigators they had while they were on their missions. Also, my companion said that she looked at Dear Elder before she left and apparently it's free to use Dear Elder to send letters to Romania, so even when I'm over there, please continue to use that resource. I still won't get it right away, but I love getting letters :)

I hope you are all doing well. Mama, I'm keeping you and Grandma in my prayers. Please keep my updated. I love you tons. Also, expect another handwritten letter soon :) Megan, you'll be getting one too, but I'm not sure what your address is so I'm just going to send it to Mom and Dad and they can pass it on. Stuart, Laura, and Wee Autumn, I love you bunches! Josh and Heather, I hope you are doing well and I love you too! I think about you all a lot! Remember the love of your Father in Heaven and that I love you too :)
Love,
Sora Adams
P.S. I can't do pictures on this computer... If I can't attach them later today, you'll have to wait until next week. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment