Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Last Hurrah!

For the first bit I, Danielle's mom, will be writing the blog since we have not yet received a letter from Danielle.  This is the beginning of Danilelle's story, "The Romanian Adventure."

Danielle and I flew to Utah together on the 10th of February.  We went from a land full of green to a land covered in ice and snow, and that was just going from Washington to Utah!!  We had a couple of fun days just hanging out with Laura, Stuart, and Autumn. (Ever type Autumn into a cell phone? It comes up Button which is perfect because she is "As cute as a button!")  

It was fun playing dominoes with Stuart and watching Autumn as she is learning to walk. We spent as much time with Autumn as we could because she will grow so quickly in the next 18 months. Danielle took a few pictures of she and Autumn on her camera and then a few of Autumn and myself on my camera.  These are a few of our activities:





One thing we have learned is that you never leave Danielle alone with a cell phone or camera for too long.  Without close supervision you get results such as this:



Proof that you should never take pictures first thing in the morning.

We went shopping for a few items that she would need that we had not yet purchased and we also had some terrific food and walks with Laura and Autumn while Stuart was at work. We had some extra time on our hands one day so we filled it the best we could.










 Finally Wednesday morning rolled around.  Danielle and I got up a wee bit early so that we could be ready when the time came to go to the MTC.  I get really nervous and cranky when I don't know where I am going and I wanted to avoid all crankiness and chances of getting lost. (Didn't work.  But that's another story)

We used part of Autumns quiet reading space to get a good picture for Danielle's plaque at church. I think we should use the third one.  =)









                                         Then it was time for final hugs and squeezes.  









It was a great few days. I took Danielle's journal while she was sleeping and wrote a little affirmation note on a few pages for her to find as she writes in her journal.  She got some family pictures on her camera to carry with her and we all shared the love that we have for each other and for her to take with her on this great adventure.

On the way to the MTC the GPS diverted us to paths that we did not really want to go.  However the fix was easy and after gritting my teeth, and Danielle's reassurance, we got back on the path we needed to be on.

The MTC was awesome.  We have a friend who works in the office at the MTC and she told us that the day Danielle came into the MTC was the biggest day they would have to date.  I believe she said 815  new missionaries came that day.  Her son also entered the MTC on the same day.  She said she would watch for Danielle for us which was a great comfort.  Heavenly Father new I needed to hear that!!

At the MTC we were told that there would be no time for pictures.  We were to drop the missionaries off and move on because there were so many coming.  I thought "I need just one picture of her here!!"  So I put my great photographer expertise to use and got these pictures:







 Oh well.  Hopefully time will fly and the pictures we get of her coming home will be more in focus!  There were so many new missionaries coming.  It was amazing. 

                                       More pictures and letters to come soon!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment