Monday, July 7, 2014

Fun Times in Craiova

What happened this week? I don't even know.

It's been really hot, but that hasn't stopped us from English contacting like crazy. Sora Parr and I have still been having advanced English classes. Hopefully class our class gets even bigger starting tomorrow. Our class on Tuesday was one of the best classes I've had. It was so hilarious! We played that game where you take turns telling one sentence of a story at a time and create crazy stories. They turned out so weird, but hilarious. We told stories of bears who went to the moon, lion cubs who climbed a magic beanstalk and found flying pigs, and a happy strawberry that was eaten by a seahorse that then gained magical powers. Maybe you just had to be there, but it was so much fun! Tuesday was also Canada day! One of Elders is Canadian so we celebrated with shoarma and cookies.

We had a lesson this week with Daniela. She's had many of the lessons already, and she's so great. I've only met with her once (and she came to church yesterday!), but I seriously feel like she's already a member. She helps us with our Romanian, which is nice. She's going to help us with our Sunday school lesson for Sunday. Basically she seems really sweet, and I'm excited to keep working with her.

I feel like this week was just full of tons of little spiritual touches or just really fun moments--moments I'm grateful for. For example:


- Sora Parr makes homemade bread. It's a little taste of heaven everytime.

- We got caught in a huge rain storm without umbrellas. I just laughed to myself as I saw everyone taking cover and then there were these two crazy sister missionaries just walking through the pouring rain like it was no big deal.

- For Independence day we played four square and decorated sugar cookies for a branch activity. And then someone randomly lit off fireworks pretty close to our apartment building so we still got our fireworks!

-We met with the branch president and his wife to talk about investigators, and they are so great! They have so much hope for the future of the branch and want to be involved in the work.

-Our English class on Saturday turned into a discussion about who we are as missionaries and the process of us coming out here to Romania.

-One English student who came to our activity and who has helped us with English contacting and has come to church before didn't realize that church was every Sunday. Now she knows! And hopefully she'll come again! We invited her yesterday, but she didn't come. 

Something that was kind of cool this week was one night when Sora Parr and I were heading
 home for the evening. We would have made it home and had an extra half hour to spare. I thought we could still just head home and find something that needed to be done with that extra time, but instead I suggested to Sora Parr that we English contact for that extra time. She agreed and as we did so we had some of the sweetest contacts. We were greeted with warm smiles and people telling us how they really want to come. We would have missed those people had we continued on our way home. I have no doubt that we were prompted to continue our work outside. 

I am just so grateful for the gift of the spirit in my life. I have seen it working so much in me this week. Through the spirit, I can be happy, optimistic, and full of love and peace no matter what my circumstances may be. Heavenly Father helps me to achieve my goals and to overcome my trials as I come unto Him in prayer. I see that all the time. I'm always so amazed at how willing He is to help me. I know that this is the Lord's work, that He wants all of His children to return to Him. One way that He accomplishes His work is through us! We can be those angels that lift the weary hearts and help lead them to our Savior.

On Wednesday I will have my final zone conference, and I will finally be able to meet our new mission president and his wife. They both sound really great from what I've heard. It will be good to finally see them in person.

I hope you all had a great Independence Day. Thank you for all of your love and support.


Va iubesc!
Sora Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment