Monday, June 23, 2014

The Final Countdown





What's this? Sora Adams is about to start her final transfer? How in the world did that happen? And where will she be spending it you may ask. I'll tell you. I'm going to Craiova with Sora Parr. (Picture of museum there above)    I'm said to leave Chisinau as it's seriously exploding with potential, but I'm excited for one more adventure in the form of six weeks in Craiova.
 
 ( If you want to know more here's a link: http://romaniatourism.com/craiova.html)

Speaking of all that potential, I don't even know where to start or if I'll even have enough time to tell you everything that has been happening. I'll give you some highlights.
 (Pictures not in order as mom has no clue)

The elders' investigater, Vadim, was baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday. What a great experience! I love feeling the spirit as I watch these people make such an important step in their lives. Our investigater, Victoria, was there,and I'm so glad she came! It was so clear to me that she was feeling the spirit. She had such a huge smile on her face, and she gave me the biggest hug! She's amazing. I have to tell you more about her.

She's progressing so much! This week she told us that she wants to be baptized. She isn't ready to set a date yet, but she's working toward that goal. We are so happy! She is so knowledgeable and has such a great testimony of our Heavenly Father. After the baptism, she stayed after even after we had left. We were pleased with this also because it's becoming evident to us that she's making connections with members and not just with us. This is so important because we won't always be here. We want people to join the church because they've received a testimony of it not just because they love the missionaries. Anyway, Victoria has so much love, and she's been feeling the spirit testify to her of the truthfullness of the things we teach her. I am so glad that I have been able to know her.
Someone else the elders have started working with is a woman around my age named Valeria. I've had the opportunity to talk with her a lot. She is so sweet, and I have never met anyone so prepared in my life! She came to church yesterday. She wasn't planning on it, but when she got up that morning she felt like she needed to go. She was touched in every single meeting. She felt like every part had something she needed. She was so glad she came. Even though she's only been coming to things for a couple of weeks, she knows the church is true and wants to be baptized. She can feel it. The feeling she gets when she comes is exactly what she felt like was missing when she went to other churches. She knows she has to learn a little bit more first, but then she will baptized. She also wants to bring her parents to church. She is so incredible and so prepared!

We also had an incredible member visit yesterday. We met with Sora Lilia who told us about how she found church and about her battle with cancer. It was so inspiring! Lilia's daughter was the first person to be baptized in Moldova. (They're even mentioned in the Liahona https://www.lds.org/liahona/2004/07/a-message-from-moldova?lang=eng&query=moldova) She told us about how she was diagnosed with cancer andit was in advanced stages. She didn't know how she was going to get treatment. Long story short, she was so blessed, received treatment, and survived! She told us that one of the greatest things she learned from the experience (and something we should all remember) is that every day is a gift. She is so grateful for her life because it was saved, and she recognizes just how blessed she was with the whole thing.

I feel like what little I have told you doesn't do any of the recent events justice. I am so grateful for all the people I've met here in Chisinau and for all the truly amazing experiences. I think perhaps you would have to experience them for yourself to understand how truly joyous and amazing all these things are. I hope I've given you at least some idea.
I know that this is the work of the Lord. I know that He prepares people to accept the gospel. I know that Heavenly Father loves all of His children. That's why this work is so important! Missionary work truly is the work of salvation. And there are many different ways of doing missionary work. I honestly used to think I wasn't capable of doing missionary work. However, as I've said many times, those small and simple things really do matter! Reach out in love to those around you and they will feel the love of our Heavenly Father and our Savior through you. 

Remember, everyday is a blessing! Look for the hand of the Lord in your life and you will find it. Pray to Him daily and often and you will begin to more easily recognize His responses. 




With much love,
Sora Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment