Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Many Miracles




                          

                 Buna ziua tuturor!


Sorry I'm a day late. We were at a castle yesterday in a place called Hunedoara, so we got permission to write today instead.

  (Note from mom- This is Dracula's castle, also known as Vlad the impaler.  This is where he learned his "art" and where he was later imprisoned for his crimes of torture. Thus the nickname of Dracula's castle.  Beautiful workmanship)


                                                                       
I think that I'm finding that part of being a missionary is just being at the right place at the right time. Also, I feel like I can say as Maria said in "The Sound of Music" that whenever God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
We were supposed to meet with someone at the church this week. It was a bit of a bummer, but at the same time I feel that we were meant to be there at that time. It takes a while to travel around the city.  
           It can take us a good 35-45 minutes to get to the church. We were on the tram and almost to our stop when a woman takes a place next to us in the back. She saw our copies of the Book of Mormon in our hand and recognized it. She told us that she had one and told us that we could come visit her sometime.
We had a similar experience today. We had another appointment fall through. We got on the tram and at one stop Sora Ralls made eye contact with a woman getting on and just smiled at her. After the woman stamped her ticket she came and sat by us and just started up a conversation. She was super nice, and she just seemed happy. We already love her! After talking to her for a bit, she told us about her daughters and how they love to read in the Bible. We were able to introduce her to the Book of Mormon and she gladly excepted it, saying that her daughters would love it as well!

I feel like in this transfer in particular we've been meeting great people and having these great experiences just by being out and about with our copies of the Book of Mormon in hand. So many people have started conversations with us instead of vice versa. They're sweet little miracles in our work, and we are loving it!


Something I'm really grateful for this week is the Holy Ghost. He has many roles: teacher, witness, comforter, etc. I love that I can have this connection with Heavenly Father through the spirit. I have felt His guidance. There have been multiple moments where I have been given the words to say. I have felt the power of the spirit testifying of those words as I speak them. At the end of the day, I have received confirmations that I did well that day, that I did my part, that Heavenly Father is happy with me and what I'm doing. I know that Heavenly Father truly hears and answers our prayers. He answers through the spirit, which speaks to our minds and hearts. I've found also that they spirit can speak to our soul in a way that we can comprehend, but sometimes we can't put that meaning in to words. Just as I've felt the influence of the spirit in my life, I know that you can feel it in yours. Sometimes you might not even recognize that the spirit is guiding you in your life. The more you make the effort to follow our Savior and trust in our Heavenly Father, the more you will receive and follow the promptings of the spirit. Your acting on those promptings will become a part of who you are, and you will become more of the person you want to become.


Something I wrote in my journal this week was this: "As I think about the day and those two lessons I really do feel a sense of contentment, a witness of the spirit that we did well today. In retrospect I feel that the spirit really was with us." I really do feel like we had the spirit with us in our lessons this past week. It's nice to know that we're not going into them alone! This truly is the Lord's work and these are His children, and I'm grateful to be here among them.




I feel like I could go on. Alas, my time is spent. Next week I'll have transfer news for you. You're all great! Have a great week, and remember your drops of awesome!

                  
                                                                                                         Cu mare drag,
                             Sora Adams













No comments:

Post a Comment