Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas in Arad

                                                                    I'M TRAINING!


That's right. In a couple of days I will be meeting a new sister, and I get to show her the ropes and probably most likely spoil her. I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

                                        And before I forget, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


We had a cool contact today. We were sitting in the middle of the mall waiting for the elders when a security guard walks slowly by us. I thought he was looking at us funny, but he was really just trying to get a good look at the Book of Mormon in my hands. I said hello and he began talking to us, asking us if we are American and what we're here for and such. We explained that we are missionaries, and when he asked about the book, we told him a little about that too. He flipped through it. We told him that he could have it, but he politely declined, saying he was only curious. I love it when stuff like that happens. Sure you could say, "But nothing came out of it." Maybe not in that moment, but he was curious. He got his first glimpse. Maybe he'll be curious again in time. I'm completely satisfied.

We were only able to have a couple of lessons this week. We met with Anca and talked to her a little about temples. We also left her a General Conference addition of the Liahona, one in English and one in Romanian, so she can practice her English and learn more about the gospel. We were also able to meet with Alex again this week. We talked to him about service and asked him to do something nice for someone in his family this week. He is such a great kid!




I gave a talk yesterday on seeking the kingdom of God. One of the points I suggested to help us stay on the path to eternal life and the Kingdom of God is to live a life full of gratitude. Since Thanksgiving is only a few days away, it seems appropriate to bring up this topic with all of you! First of all, let me tell you all some things I'm thankful for: the priesthood, missionary work, Romania and it's inhabitants, you, my family, hot cocoa, animated movies, books, milka, pictures, family history work, the gift of the holy ghost, music, my Savior, my Heavenly Father, and more. I firmly believe that you can find something in each day to be thankful for, even on the darkest days. Gratitude will make you happier. It will help you remember that you aren't alone, that you have a loving Father in Heaven who blesses you daily. It will help keep you from focusing on the negative and from focusing too much on yourself. I can promise you that if you make an effort to be more grateful that you will feel happier and that your burdens will seem lighter.


I want to say a little bit more about my gratitude for the priesthood. I've been able to witness a few priesthood blessings since I've been here on my mission and each time I am just so touched especially when I see younger elders administering the blessing. The spirit is always present in those moments, bearing testimony that the words these elders said were specifically meant for the people being blessed, and they were loving words directed by our Heavenly Father. How grateful I am that Heavenly Father has blessed us with this power. The Priesthood literally is the authority and power to act in His name. How blessed I have been because of this great gift. I have seen and felt this very real power in my life.
As always, I'm so grateful for all of you. I hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving. Remember the things you're thankful for.
With much love and appreciation,


Sora Adams












No comments:

Post a Comment