Wednesday, June 5, 2013


Hello friends and family!

Here are some things I thought of this week:

A thought I heard in a Mormon Message that comes from President Eyring: "Family teaches us how to love as He loves." I thought that was awesome. Families truly are a blessing from our Father in Heaven. The older I get, the more I'm convinced that families help us learn of Him and how to become like him.

There's a woman in our branch who has had cancer for pretty much her entire life. She was having a rough time this past week. We went to visit her, and we sang for her, which I think she enjoyed. She was having a hard time that day so we asked her if she would like a blessing. She responded in the affirmative, so we called the elders. When they came and they began to give her a blessing, the spirit entered the room so strongly. I don't feel like I can adequately describe it, but it was a huge testimony to me of the power and blessing of the priesthood. I'm so grateful that power and for the worthy priesthood holders in my life. It truly is a gift and power from God. I've seen it do miracles, and I am extremely grateful.

At another point in the week, I had the random thought come to mind of how we are never alone. Even when we are in far away places or away from family and friends, no matter the circumstances we always have our Heavenly Father and Savior with us. What a comforting knowledge that is. They are aware of us. They love us. I was talking to Sora Heim and I told her, "I know I say it all the time, but it's true. Without Christ we can't have Eternal Life. Without Christ, we can't be with our families forever. Without Christ, we cannot be forgiven of our sins." It really is true. He lives. He paid the price for us and paved the way to eternal happiness. Both our Heavenly Father and Savior want to be a part of our lives. We have to allow them to be.

We've started to have a Book of Mormon class after we teach English on Saturdays. People have been staying for that, so hopefully we can get some good contacts that way.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Love,
Sora Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment