Sunday, April 28, 2013

S'more Goodness! =)

                                 

                                                                                              S'MORES!!!!

Buna Ziua!

This week was Sora Heim's birthday. The morning of her birthday, we got a call from one of the branch members telling us to come down to the entrance of our apartment building in half an hour. She had made a cake! We got the cake, and as we were walking back up to the apartment, Sora Heim commented that it was kind of heavy. She weighed it when we got back to the apartment. It was 8 lbs. of goodness. The Hunts made a wonderful birthday lunch for our district as well. Hooray for reasons to celebrate and eat awesome food!

Our last English class was awesome. We had a campfire theme, song songs, told stories, and introduced our students to the amazingness which are s'mores. They're a little different here as graham crackers aren't to be found and marshmallows are scarce. We did find some marshmallows though and lovely biscuits and it turned out great. Sora Hunt played guitar for us as we sang. It was just overall a great lesson. 

English class is one of the ways that we gain contacts. If students would like a little extra help outside of class, we offer to give them a lesson one on one with the understanding that have the lesson will be language oriented and the other half will be religious based. We've had a couple lessons this way. This past week we met with Rebeca and her friend Andrea. I can't remember if I've written about Rebeca or not. She loves the gospel and has a desire to be baptized, but her parents don't approve. Her mother comes to activities with her, but she doesn't have the same conviction Rebeca does. Andrea has been coming to some activities, but I don't think she has had the lessons yet. We taught them some English and then talked to the them about the Restoration. I could feel the spirit so strongly as we taught. I hope they could feel it too. It reminded me how the language of the spirit is the most important language. I may struggle to speak Romanian, but the spirit can still testify. We'll be meeting with them again this week.

I'm out of time for today. I wish I could write more! One thing I do want to add is that we do the best we can and Christ will make up for our inadequacies. I hope all is well for all of you. I also hope that you can all feel of Heavenly Father's love for you. Turn to Him daily. He will strengthen you in your life.

Cu draga,
Sora Adams



No comments:

Post a Comment